Social Media Advantages, Disadvantages and Interesting Aspects
This website is designed to tell you about the good, the bad and the ugly of Social media websites
Everybody knows about at least one social media website. I could name a few right here, right now. Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, Tumblr just to name a few. You may know about some of the negatives of social media, but do you know the positives? Or the Interesting aspects. Most likely not. This website explains the negatives, positives and the in-between.
- Every month over 1.3 billion people are active on Facebook which is roughly equivalent of the population of India.
- 30% of Americans get all of their news exclusively from Facebook.
- Only 25% of Facebook users bother to check or adjust their privacy settings.
- The median number of friends a Facebook user has is 250.
- The Twitter logo bird is called Larry after Boston Celtics Larry Bird.
- 44% of all Twitter accounts have never sent a tweet.
- Almost 10% of Americans use Twitter in work hours.
- In 2013 Twitter could handle 18 Quintillion Accounts. That is 18 000 000 000 000 000 000 in numerical format.
- New York City is the most frequently geotagged city on Instagram and Times Square is the second most geotagged place.
- A third of American teens think that Instagram is the most important social media.
- Instagram earn 595 million dollars per year.
- Hackers can find vulnerabilities in important social media websites this has gotten so bad companies have started paying out "bug bounty's" to anybody that gives out info about weaknesses in a system e.g. google pays out these "bug bounty's" for someone who is able to find and identify a weakness. Google can pay up to $40 000 for this, Whereas Facebook pays an average of $1 788 per bug, as of 2014
Thank you for visiting this site. Please tell your friends and family. If you don't have any friends or family, and there are some people who don't, then that is okay. You don't need to tell anyone about this :)
References | About us | Back to the home screen | Photos